Please note: We're all currently working remotely due to Covid-19. We hope to be back in the office later this year.
This role will join the US Service Delivery team, working on support tickets against an agreed service level. You will link up with the Global Helpdesk and 2nd line colleagues to provide good service to our people, and complete laptop/Mac and mobile builds to PA specifications.
For this role, you will understand the need to comply with firm wide processes, escalate issues as appropriate, and work with the US Service Delivery Manager to optimize the support the IT team provides.
You will also manage stock levels, work with local suppliers and provide input to service analysis and reviews when asked. You will need to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge and be flexible to travel, especially to our office in Boston.
This role will report to the US Service Delivery Manager, and also have working relationships with the Head of Service Delivery (IT), as well as wider Group Systems and US Corporate Leadership.
You will be accountable for problem tickets, support requests logged through our Global Helpdesk, laptop and mobile phone builds, hardware for joiners and leavers, maintaining stock and consumable levels, ad linking up with US IT colleagues to coordinate kit. You will also cover IT colleagues and be available to provide support towards the end of the working day to other PA offices remotely.
We are looking for someone to take on the following key challenges:
- Maintain high levels of support to US people against agreed SLAs
- Ensure compliance with firm wide processes, and implement global IT policies
- Meet the service level agreement for tickets in the US, especially for those based in Boston.
- Respond quickly to service requests, discuss priorities, and work to agreed plan
- Escalate to US Service Delivery Manager relevant service issues, and provide feedback to IT colleagues
- Stock management and purchasing, contribute to regular reporting and projections for the US Service Delivery Manager
- Support Line Manager and IT colleagues to deliver great service
- Support queue management and link to our Global Helpdesk
- Travel if/when needed, specifically around Boston region.
Qualifications for this role:
- Academic excellence (degree ideal, but not essential)
- Must have strong IT knowledge - Windows and OSx
- Microsoft Office / Teams
- Mac support experience
- Customer service experience
- Adaptable, flexible, and hard working
- Able to understand business demands
- Develop self and build strong knowledge base
- Show initiative, be driven, and be an enabler
- Inspire confidence at senior business level with a professional approach
- Effective communicator, in person and in writing
- Has a strong attention to detail and is process oriented
- Well organized and able to work on a variety of concurrent tasks and deliver against deadlines
- Able to work effectively, sensitively, and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We all work best when we feel valued, supported and life feels balanced, so we got the folks who actually work here to design our benefits.
Flexible healthcare plans just for you or your family. Depending on your office location, we offer a range of benefits including dental, eye tests, gym discounts, Cycle to Work, and more.
Now, more than ever, we’re big on flexible working. Whatever the situation at the time, we’ll have an open discussion about what works for you. We’ve also enhanced our parental leave, so you can make more time for what really matters.
Because there’s more to life than just work… All our office locations have competitive annual leave allowances. You can also buy up to five extra days per year.
Learning never stops – it feeds the mind, expands our skills, and strengthens our team. We offer a range of ongoing internal and external training programmes covering everything you'll need to feed and grow your career ambitions.
Don't worry, we offer all the sensible stuff, including a pension, life assurance, income protection schemes, and PA shares.
Take advantage of our great Give as You Earn scheme, or why not volunteer up to three days a year for a charity close to your heart?
Whether just starting out, or a practised hand, we have active and firm-wide support communities in place to help everyone get the support they need.Find out more
With offices in countries across the globe, as a firm, we’re able to relocate folks who want to move – whether temporarily or permanently. Your starting location doesn’t have to be forever, as your career takes off.
The base office for this role is Boston, United States. However, you may sometimes be required to work onsite at client offices, too. You can find out more about our offices and remote working approach on our Locations page.