Please note: We're all currently working remotely due to Covid-19. We hope to be back in the office later this year.
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
Our clients have a vast array of technologies, but we aren't expecting you to have exposure to the whole toolkit!
Working in an agile development team is highly sought after, where you're applying development practices such as;
• Agile sprints to deliver incremental code
• TDD and/or BDD approaches, considering outcome at design. Knowledge of test automation
• Secure development and architectural practices, as well as knowledge of non-functional considerations
• JIRA for tracking progress and traceability
• Working alongside others in the team to develop design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing
• Reviewing code with your teammates to provide assurance on a release
• Working against a branching strategy, contributing code regularly to repo E.g. git, svn or cvs.
• Resolving root cause analysis and troubleshooting solutions
• Using your working knowledge of OOP
• Implementing design and concurrency patterns
• Writing clean, readable, maintainable and reusable code
• Appreciating scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements
• Using fundamental tools and languages E.g. SQL, Unix, CLI tools, PowerShell, Shell Scripting,
HTML and CSS
• Web application frameworks E.g. ASP.NET, PHP, PERL, Ruby, Python, Play, Spark
• External and embedded databases, relational and NoSQL, E.g. MongoDB, MySQL, Flink,
Cassandra, SQL Server, Postgres. Developing schema for supporting business logic and data
• Microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g.
Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions (GCP and Azure)
PA’s core technology stacks:
• Java 8+
• MVC, JDBC and RESTful
• Knowledge of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
• Building tools such as Ant, Maven and Gradle
• Using a range of technologies and libraries in the Java ecosystem
• Various MVCs, understanding the difference between them, and when one makes more
sense than another. E.g. Backbone.js, Angular.js, React.js, Vue.js, Node.js.
• Pushing business logic into browser rather than server
• Image authoring tools
• SEO principles and developing compliant applications
• .NET Web Framework
• .NET Core
Collectively the team are responsible for delivering functioning solutions to our clients.
• You'll have the support of experienced professionals within the team, who can give you
guidance and help you make decisions
• You will have responsibility for owning and delivering on specific tasks, being the design
authority and accountable for creating solutions
• You'll be a trusted member of the team, and you'll be empowered to move things forward
on your own steam
• You may also be expected coach more junior analysts in the team, working with them to
build their expertise
• It’s important you feel comfortable having team discussions with the client on the project
and contributing your thoughts and ideas into the team
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We have deep full-stack development expertise across multiple technologies. We have specialists in Architecture, Quality Assurance and DevOps – as well as colleagues with expertise in Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Technology Innovation.More about Engineering & Devops
"The thing I love most about working here is the people. I really enjoy working with people who make an effort to share knowledge, take mental health at work seriously, and care about addressing anything that isn’t working well."
We all work best when we feel valued, supported and life feels balanced, so we got the folks who actually work here to design our benefits.
Flexible healthcare plans just for you or your family. Depending on your office location, we offer a range of benefits including dental, eye tests, gym discounts, Cycle to Work, and more.
Now, more than ever, we’re big on flexible working. Whatever the situation at the time, we’ll have an open discussion about what works for you. We’ve also enhanced our parental leave, so you can make more time for what really matters.
Because there’s more to life than just work… All our office locations have competitive annual leave allowances. You can also buy up to five extra days per year.
Learning never stops – it feeds the mind, expands our skills, and strengthens our team. We offer a range of ongoing internal and external training programmes covering everything you'll need to feed and grow your career ambitions.
Don't worry, we offer all the sensible stuff, including a pension, life assurance, income protection schemes, and PA shares.
Take advantage of our great Give as You Earn scheme, or why not volunteer up to three days a year for a charity close to your heart?
Whether just starting out, or a practised hand, we have active and firm-wide support communities in place to help everyone get the support they need.Find out more
With offices in countries across the globe, as a firm, we’re able to relocate folks who want to move – whether temporarily or permanently. Your starting location doesn’t have to be forever, as your career takes off.
The base office for this role is Boston, United States. However, you may sometimes be required to work onsite at client offices, too. You can find out more about our offices and remote working approach on our Locations page.