We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defense and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Your day to day
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner. As a Front End Developer, your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
· Collaborate closely with our designers to develop in-browser prototypes, living style-guides, pattern libraries and re-usable UI components.
· Work closely with our in-house QA team to marry unit tests with rigorous end-to-end testing to ensure applications function as expected.
· Drive the team with specification workshops, writing acceptance criteria, story estimation, documentation and release planning.
· Adopt and evolve PA’s engineering standards and practices, to ensure we have a shared and common approach to development and delivery.
What you bring
· Work closely with our designers to develop in-browser prototypes, living style-guides, pattern libraries and re-usable UI components
· Conduct QA or work closely with in-house QA team to ensure the software meets prescribed guidelines and applications function properly
· Suggesting alterations to workflow in order to improve efficiency and success.
· Remain current in tech advancements and roll out fixes/upgrades as needed
· Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
· Collect and review customers' feedback to enhance user experience.
Additional Skills and Experiences:
· 5+ years commercial experience of developing websites using mobile-first, modular and responsive CSS (e.g. Sass/BEM, CSS Grid etc)
· A good understanding of semantic HTML, WCAG accessibility guidelines, common issues across web and mobile devices, and how to fix them
· Experience of unit and integration testing (e.g. Jest/Enzyme/Cucumber)
· An understanding of git, branching and continuous integration strategies; as well as the full web stack including HTTP, REST APIs.
· Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and performance debugging skills in both development and production environments
· Ability to convert client requirements into stories and tasks, help define acceptance criteria and provide estimates for delivery.
· A good eye for user interface design, typography and user experience
· Modern content management systems experience (i.e., headless mode)
· Understanding of Agile principles using Scrum and Kanban
· Knowing the difference between various MVCs and selecting the appropriate one (i.e., Backbone.js, Angular.js, React.js, Vue.js, Node.js).
· Pushing business logic into browser rather than server.
· Image authoring tools.
· SEO principles and developing compliant applications.
We have deep full-stack development expertise across multiple technologies. We have specialists in Architecture, Quality Assurance and DevOps – as well as colleagues with expertise in Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Technology Innovation.More about Engineering & Devops
"The thing I love most about working here is the people. I really enjoy working with people who make an effort to share knowledge, take mental health at work seriously, and care about addressing anything that isn’t working well."
We all work best when we feel valued, supported and life feels balanced, so we got the folks who actually work here to design our benefits.
Flexible healthcare plans just for you or your family. Depending on your office location, we offer a range of benefits including dental, eye tests, gym discounts, Cycle to Work, and more.
Now, more than ever, we recognise the value of flexible working. As soon as you join, we’ll have an open discussion about what works best for you. We’ve also enhanced our parental leave, so you can make more time for those major family milestones.
Because there’s more to life than just work… All our office locations have competitive annual leave allowances. You can also buy up to five extra days per year in addition to your standard allowance.
Learning never stops – it feeds the mind, expands our skills, and strengthens our team. We offer a range of ongoing internal and external training programmes covering everything you'll need to grow your career ambitions and keep you curious.
We offer all the sensible things as well, including a pension, life assurance, income protection schemes, and PA shares.
Take advantage of our great Give as You Earn scheme, or why not volunteer up to three days a year for a charity close to your heart?
Whether you’re just starting out, or you’re a practiced hand, we have active and firm-wide support communities in place to help everyone at PA get the support they need.
Find out more
With offices spread across the globe, we’re able to relocate our people who want to move – whether temporarily or permanently. Your starting location doesn’t have to be forever, as your career takes off – so can you.
The base office for this role is San Francisco, United States. However, you may sometimes be required to work onsite at client offices, too. You can find out more about our offices and remote working approach on our Locations page.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.