As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
As a senior DevOps Engineer (Principal Consultant), you are encouraging a team or effort. We'll be looking at you to set direction and take responsibility for successfully achieving an outcome or deliverable. You may have a team of people to support, leading a development pod, or else you could be working across multiple pods, providing some centralised expertise necessary for a larger program of work. Your clients and colleagues will look to you for:
• Expertise in architecture. Do you feel comfortable upholding higher level architectural discussions?
• Knowledge of the development process, perhaps being responsible for the overall process across a pod, or multiple pods, creating strong values and putting robust methods and patterns in place.
• Maintaining communication with the client regularly, being one of the key points of engagement between the client and the project.
• Coaching and mentoring the team.
• Help shaping and contributing to bids, working with a bid team on the approach or proposal and perhaps even presenting to clients in a formal selection process.
• Playing a role in account management and strong consulting skills.
DevOps is a diverse and growing capability. There are a variety of different tools, cloud technologies and approaches. We don't expect you to know them all, we're interested in speaking to DevOps specialists with experience of:
• Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure or GCP.
• Building and implementing CI/CD Pipelines, experience working with repos, build
automation tools, build orchestration and environment automation is very interesting E.g. Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CVS, Cloud-Formation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Code Pipeline, Azure Stack
• Implementing microservices and containers E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
• Implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch
• Creating and automating virtual machines in the cloud deployed on compute instances.
• Implementing other cloud infrastructure and networking required to host a digital service, including storage, firewall and network configuration.
• High availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud.
• Deploying serverless functions E.g. AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Cloud Functions
• Working knowledge of OS including CLI experience, deploying and configuring application or web servers in virtual machines. E.g. Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Windows Server, IIS.
• Solving environmental and configuration issues across the stack.
• Application of operational process, such as, patching strategies and dependency management of environments and virtual machines.
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We have deep full-stack development expertise across multiple technologies. We have specialists in Architecture, Quality Assurance and DevOps – as well as colleagues with expertise in Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Technology Innovation.More about Engineering & Devops
"The thing I love most about working here is the people. I really enjoy working with people who make an effort to share knowledge, take mental health at work seriously, and care about addressing anything that isn’t working well."
We all work best when we feel valued, supported and life feels balanced, so we got the folks who actually work here to design our benefits.
Flexible healthcare plans just for you or your family. Depending on your office location, we offer a range of benefits including dental, eye tests, gym discounts, Cycle to Work, and more.
Now, more than ever, we’re big on flexible working. Whatever the situation at the time, we’ll have an open discussion about what works for you. We’ve also enhanced our parental leave, so you can make more time for what really matters.
Because there’s more to life than just work… All our office locations have competitive annual leave allowances. You can also buy up to five extra days per year.
Learning never stops – it feeds the mind, expands our skills, and strengthens our team. We offer a range of ongoing internal and external training programmes covering everything you'll need to feed and grow your career ambitions.
Don't worry, we offer all the sensible stuff, including a pension, life assurance, income protection schemes, and PA shares.
Take advantage of our great Give as You Earn scheme, or why not volunteer up to three days a year for a charity close to your heart?
Whether just starting out, or a practised hand, we have active and firm-wide support communities in place to help everyone get the support they need.Find out more
With offices in countries across the globe, as a firm, we’re able to relocate folks who want to move – whether temporarily or permanently. Your starting location doesn’t have to be forever, as your career takes off.
The base office for this role is Victoria, London. However, you may sometimes be required to work onsite at client offices, too. You can find out more about our offices and remote working approach on our Locations page.
10 Bressenden Place, Westminster, London SW1E 5DN
Our office is a short walk from Victoria station. Victoria is on the National Rail as well as Circle & District and Victoria Underground lines.
Victoria – 2 minutes walk
Charing Cross – 15 minutes by tube
Waterloo – 15 minutes by tube
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.